I had higher hopes for this book which is probably why I was a little let down. The plot followed the same timeline as the other books....
- girl meets boy (and I say "girl" and "boy" bc while they are adults they certainly act like children), they have sex. boy feels guilty, says something dickish and the two go separate ways.
- girl and boy meet up several years later, boy realizes he misses girl but won't admit to any deep feelings.
- girl and boy mess around. then they fight. then they mess around some more, and on and on.
- some shooting goes down, one of the characters nearly dies, boy and girl separate again for another year or so.
- one or both of the characters go on a drinking/drug binge until the end of the book when FINALLY boy and girl get their shit together.
Anyway, I don't mind repetitive storylines if the characters are interesting, unfortunately these characters fell a little flat. Which is a shame bc from the snippets we saw of older Tegan in the previous book, I was really looking forward to reading more about her.
What I did enjoy, however, was the secondary plot (Ellie and Dirty). Those characters had a great amount of depth and I wish they had gotten their own book.